Thursday, January 15, 2009

The last few days

Ok, I finally have a moment to catch up on the last few days! So the trip over here was fine, the plane to France had much smaller seats than the plane from LAX to Philly! I didn't sleep on the plane, i tried but I just couldn't. There were student advisors who met us right when we got out of the baggage claim. The carts were free to use! And i definitely used one. But once we got to a certain point of the airport we couldn't take the cart anymore so i had to drag my two bags for a while and that was hard. There was a group of us and some were walking faster than others. With my 200 pounds of bags behind me it was a little hard to keep up! But i managed. They had a shuttle to take us to the FIAP which is the student hostel that they had us in. Right away I met another girl her name is Jen and she's in the same program as me. She's younger, 24 years old and she's from upstate NY. She's very sweet and more mature for her age. I also met another girl from India and her name is Kamini. She's also 24 but they are both more mature than some of the other girls here. There are a group of girls who act like they're in Highschool. My student advisor's name is Javier. He's been here a year and he's been helpful. Everyone here is really nice and helpful. I met 2 of the professors today for student advising and they were very nice.

My apartment is really nice and everyone who's heard about it (that already lives here) has said that's it's in a really good neighborhood. My landlady is really nice and she speaks english very well. I told her that i want to practice my french so she's speaking to me in french. Last night she gave me a comforter that she said i can keep! I just need to buy a pillow now. Last night i used my airplane pillow. It worked but i'd like to get a real pillow.

I paid her my deposit of 670 euro and prorated for January was 429 euro. So I'm paid up through the end of January! I finally have my ATM card! And I should be getting my cell phone today and with the cell i can BBM other blackberry's for FREE anywhere and make free calls to landlines in the US and Canada. Anything Free is good!

And once i can get my laptop set up at home i will start posting pictures!

=)

No comments: