Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pack pack pack

I started really packing for Paris yesterday and by last night I had one suitcase almost done.  And to my utter surprise almost all my clothes fit in one suitcase.  Wtf?  I thought I had way more stuff than that.  Well there's a lot that I'm not taking.  I'm not taking about half the jeans that I have.  I decided that if I have worn it less than a handful of times in the last year then I probably won't wear it in Paris.  I still have one empty suitcase to fill with my sweaters, jacket, shoes and other personal items.  And once that is done then I'm done packing!  It's really hard to believe that I'm leaving on Friday!  I mean today is Tuesday that's not very far away!


And this morning I woke up with a sore throat, I haven't tried talking yet but I can't imagine that it would go very well.  I need to take something to get rid of this cold before I leave.  I really don't want to be sick on the plane.  

I got my US passport yesterday.  What a pain in the ass this has been.  Over the weekend I got a letter saying there was something wrong with my certificate and they couldn't finish processing my passport.  On Monday I had to go to the Federal Building in LA to get my certificate straightened out (the problem was that the idiots in SD forgot to stamp my certificate.)  So my dad and I went to the Federal Building and it took about 2 1/2 hours but I walked away with my passport in hand.  The saving grace was that I was able to get my passport the same day.  Now I have a Canadian passport, a US passport and a French Visa...I'm so international!  

~N

No comments: