Sunday, February 22, 2009

I got lost today...surprised? Nope!


So today I decided to get out of the house (apartment) so I went to the train station to print out my ticket to London.  I know it's a week early and I know I could've gone the day of and just printed it but I wanted to make sure I have it in hand and there are no problems...plus I needed somewhere to go today.  So I did that and then I decided that I would just stop by the Louvre because I have not seen it yet since i've been here.  So I got off the metro at Louvre stop which I didn't realize let's you out right inside the lobby area!  Neat!  I walked around and then went up the Jardin Tuileries (ps I don't know how to spell any of these places) anyways, I sat a bench and tried to read a chapter for school but it started to drizzle so I got up and started walking towards the pyramid.  I took some pictures (see below) and then just decided to start walking.  I didn't really know where I was going but I was walking along the Seine and I could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance.  Then all of a sudden I was at the bottom of the Champs Elysee!  So I figured since i'm here I might as well walk up the Arc side and then home.  Well, once I got to the Arc I decided that I would go passed my street and go to the other side of the Arc to see what's down those streets.  Well the street I went down there wasn't much there.  A lot of motorcycle shops and men's clothing stores, I decided to call it "Man Street".  haha I crack myself up! Anyways, of course going home from Man Street I decided not to go back the way I came and instead thought I could figure out my way.  Well, eventually I did figure out my way but not before I officially felt lost and started to panic just a little bit.  But eventually I saw the Arc in the distance and I know I live by it so then I found my way home.  Yay me!  The walk was nice but i'm not sure how long it actually took me to do it because I wasn't paying attention to the time, maybe 45 min?  Not sure but it's a nice walk and next time I'm going INSIDE the Louvre!  I've been before but I want to go again.   When I got home my landlady called and she was telling me that the plumber is coming tomorrow because she thinks something is leaking and we started talking and now I know what she does, she's a painter!  And she said she occasionally gets invites to the openings but she doesn't go anymore and she said next time she gets one she's giving it to me! How cool is that?!  Love her!  

Here are pictures from today, there are more up on Facebook if you want to see...









No comments: