Saturday, February 7, 2009

My...50?

So there's a new phenomenon going on at Facebook with the 25 Random things about you.  Even USA Today did an article about it.  I already did my 25 things and posted them to Facebook but then after writing them I kept thinking of other things that I wanted to add...

So here's my "Other 25"...

1. I can speak 3 languages fluently: English, French & Farsi and I speak conversational Spanish and a little Italian

2. I personally know and am friends with the Marketing Directors of Disneyland, Legoland, SeaWorld and The San Diego Zoo & Wild Animal Park

3. I participated in a lot of activities as a child!  Ballet, Gymnastics, Tennis, Swimming, Piano, Karate, Flute/Band, Soccer

4. My eyes change color depending on what i'm wearing.  They'll go from different shades of blue and green

5. I love Arena Rock/Hair Metal!  I would've been in heaven if I was older in the 80's & 90's and could've seen some of these bands live in their prime

6. I'm a little OCD, not enough to be a problem but I am definitely at least a little OCD

7. I hate judgemental people, everyone does things and who are you to judge?  No judging.

8. I've never had a lot of goals in my life.  I just do things and stuff happens.  My only goals ever were to work in the entertainment industry, move to Paris and have a family.  I've done 2 out of 3 so far...

9. In highschool I used to match my nail polish to my outfits.  Now I match my eyeshadow to my outfits

10. I have a group of friends who are "Family".  In the family is Me, Dawn, Jason, Darren, Chad, Boozie, Josh (+ Jen), Fabella, (sometimes Jack depending on who you ask)...and I was the newest addition 8 years ago and I'm the baby of the group (and I like it that way!)

11. I can hold a grudge for a lifetime

12. Sometimes on a nice day I used to get in the car and just drive around with no destination in mind.   Just drive and blast music with the window down.  Those were the most relaxing times of my life.  I wish I could do that now.

13. I've never not been on a diet...even in childhood

14. I LOVE Vegas!  I used to go a couple times a year and I wish slot machines didn't cost money to play...i love slot machines.

15. I used to say I would never work but I've had plenty of jobs: Babysitter, Newspaper delivery, Salon assistant, Sales person at The Bay (department store, i worked in the Men's department), JC Penny gift wrap, The Old Spaghetti Factory (hostess then busser then terrible waitress!), TOP caller (fundraising for UCSD), UCSD Event Assistant, Rock 105.3, KOOL, KUSS, Star, Fox 6 and The CW.

16. I hate turtle necks!  I hate anything around my neck...remember chocker necklaces?  Maybe I have a fear of being chocked?  Anything tight around my neck will not work

17. I pretty much only wear black clothes but not for any Gothic reasons, I just like black. 

18. I admire Marilyn Monroe.  I think she went through a lot growing up and managed to make a decent life for herself and did the best she could.  

19. I'm fun I promise!  I just need time to warm up to people.  

20. I thought I hated wine...until I came to Paris and discovered there's such a thing as Rose (Rosay) wine!  Oh and dessert wine ain't bad either.  

21. I am not a feminist.  That doesn't mean woman shouldn't have the vote etc...of course not but there are certain things I will not get up in arms about.

22. I can take a joke, I don't get offended easily and I can dish it out too!

23. I crush hard.

24. I am not a morning person!  

25. I am ALWAYS late!  If you want me to be on time, tell me the meeting time is 15 - 30 minutes before the actual time.  Seriously...i'm always late.  


My first 25 from Facebook:

1. I have lived in 3 different countries so far...Canada, USA & France

2. When I was younger (elementary school age) I hated my name and wished I had a name that started with the letter "L" because I liked the way the L looked in cursive...so for a brief moment (and only to a few neighbors) I went by the name Linda...even though my middle name is Lily, somehow it never occurred to me to go by my middle name until I was in my mid-20's and for completely different reasons!

3. I love Hockey! I have hockey running through my blood, if I could go to every Canucks game I would (even though they've lost every game i've been to!) And I was devastated in 1994 when the Canucks lost in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals by 1 goal to the NY Rangers, which is why to this day I HATE the Rangers, I HATE Mark Messier and I HATE Mike Keenan and I HATED when they came to Vancouver years later. But I LOVE Trevor Linden and I remember where I was the day he was first traded, the day he came back and the day he retired.

4. In the car driving at home I have no sense of direction but when I'm on vacation or in a foreign city I'm a supreme navigator! It's true...ask my friends, they won't ever ask me for directions!

5. I'm extremely paranoid. About everything. Luckily my true friends know this and can deal with it and I always apologize for it but I just can't help it. 

6. I used to want to be an actress and a singer when I grew up. 

7. I hate being told what to do, it just makes me want to do the opposite out of spite. 

8. I love that I look younger than I am even though my age doesn't bother me (I'll be 30 in March!) and I love my birthday!

9. I have 4 lawyers in my family and one works for Sketchers, one owns the gay bar Rage in West Hollywood (even though he's so right wing), one works for a major software company and one just decided to get his license just to have it! 

10. I have met a ridiculous amount of celebrities in my life but my favorite is by far the first ever celeb I met - Rick Morranis (from Honey I shrunk the kids). He was using the track at my high 
school and I darted outside after class to get his autograph and he said he liked my name. I still have his autograph to this day.

11. I feel lucky to have these eyes.

12. I love my family and friends like there's no tomorrow. I would do absolutely anything they needed or asked me to do.

13. I have the two most beautiful precious god daughters in the world - Harlow & Zoe and i would die for them.

14. I hate small talk so I live in a constant catch 22.

15. When I was 14 I was an extra in a film called "Cyberteens In Love" and it starred Justine Priestly, Jason Priestly's sister (from the original 90210)

16. I have worked for 4 radio stations and 2 TV stations

17. I have been educated at 2 elementary schools, 1 high school, 3 colleges, 1 university and 1 grad school. (We didn't have middle school in Vancouver)

18. I have been friends with someone (Dan) for literally our entire lives. He was born when I was 6 months old and we've been friends to this day. 

19. I still can't believe that I'm actually in Grad School and it sometimes scares the crap out of me that I'm really here. 

20. When I first moved to San Diego some days instead of doing laundry I would just buy new clothes...ahh those were the days!

21. I can't cook. The microwave is my best friend!

22. I know all the words to Annie and I can recite the entire movie including the songs without watching it. 

23. I have thrown my dinner out the window when I was a kid so I didn't have to eat it. 

24. My first job was as a babysitter when I was 12

25. I never leave the house without at least some make up on...even though i've been told I don't need it I can't do it! I have to have my face on and this face only wears M.A.C. make up.

No comments: