Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shtuff

Tuesday is almost over, which means I have 3 days left at work.  That trips me out!  I look around my room at all the stuff I have to pack and THAT trips me out.  One of my roommates asked me tonight when I'm moving...next weekend.  Wow.  I can't take that in, I can't compute that in my head.  Maybe when Friday rolls around I will but for now, I'm a basket case...internally of course.  

Today I helped out at work with a sales presentation.  I didn't do anything special, I just pushed a few buttons during a slide presentation but it felt good to be a part of their presentation.  Even though I didn't really DO anything, it was nice to be in the room.  

Today also marks the day I gave up my blackberry.  $30 a month just for the internet package!  Plus I was paying an additional $10 a month for the GPS.  I LOVED the GPS on my phone, her name was Sally.  But with a month...litterally a month from today I fly away I needed to cut down the cost of my phone.  I also found out that I can suspend my service for 6 months at a time.  So, starting January 10th my phone will be suspended.  No incoming and no outgoing calls.  I just have to resist the urge to use my phone while i'm gone.  I have a Skype account set up and i'll get a cell phone when I get to Paris for the local calls.  So much more to do!  I'm so anxious, so nervous, so scared, so happy, so still can't believe this is really happening!  

I'm starting to ween myself off of the TV shows that I watch.  I haven't watched Days of our Lives in a few weeks.  I love Days but I can't watch it every day when i'm gone so i've started not watching it while i'm here.  I'm also way behind on the other shows that I like to watch.  If I don't catch up by next week that's it.  Time Warner is under my name and they have a new policy now which states that they won't transfer accounts anymore.  So, in order to get my name off the account we have to unplug and return all of the equipment and then the boys will have to open a new account under their name with new equipment.  Such a pain!  Oh well, we do what we have to do I suppose.  

Wednesday...Thursday...FRIDAY.  Friday is the day of my going-away happy hour/party.  It's not really a party "party".  It's more of a get together at McGregors.  A lot of people have said they are coming...I hope that's true.  Why do I worry so much!  Geeze...can I just not worry about something for once?  I guess it's a sign of caring...or so someone once told me.  I'm also pretty paranoid in general...I guess that doesn't help either.  

I'm tired tonight...looks like i'm going to bed early.  I just put a load of clothes in the washer though...I want to stay up to put them in the dryer but I don't think I'll make it...

Happy Trails
~Nilo


No comments: